Some Home Truths about Personal Branding
Personal branding is a bold, fairly new concept (compared to corporate branding) when it comes to the field of branding and marketing. Where marketing is something that is completely sales driven, branding strives to achieve best of both the worlds thus it is also driven by sales but without compromising on core values. Where personal branding is bold is in the fact that it is almost totally value driven. Assimilated below are some facts about personal branding that will help businesses understand how it actually works.
- Online business portals are a dime a dozen and be it innovators or budding entrepreneurs,they need personal branding to give them that decisive edge over the rest of the competition. And if it so happens that you have an online business, your personal branding automatically sets a benchmark for your employees to try and emulate. To strive and reach up to.
- Some of the most enduring success stories, be it in the entertainment industry, the political arena or even the corporate world would all owe a great deal to painstakingly thought out personal branding. And it is this very brand value accrued over many years that holds these businesses in good stead through lean times.
- For any online business, the transition that happens from being an unknown entity into a trusted name using personal branding is a long drawn-out affair that more often than not passes through three broad phases, the first being Knowing, second is Liking and finally Trusting. Knowing is all about creating sufficient awareness; Liking has more to do with creating a unique identity that makes an impact while the last phase of Trusting is about delivering again. And again.
- When it comes to making your presence left using social media channels for personal branding there are no set rules or regulations that one must stick to. So while uploading on popular video sharing portals might work like a charm for one business, another might require you to spread the word on as many diverse platforms as possible for best results. As the saying goes, horses for courses.
- A common belief among many business owners is that adding trivia about their personal life is inconsequential to personal branding. And some even liken trivia to frivolous content. Nothing could be further from the truth. So if you were part of a music band at school, go ahead and let it be known to the whole world. Revealing such vignettes tell your customer that there is more to you than just business.
- Whether you are someone who is looking to reach the upper echelons in your organisation or someone who is quite clearly disillusioned with your present job and eager for a change, personal branding is a must for you either way. For it will help you build a veritable network of professional contacts that can be relied upon.
- In order for personal branding to make a big difference and be really effective, it is pertinent to do adequate background work to know everything that there is to know about your target audience. At the same time, it is as necessary to look inwards so that you know what path to take, to get to where you would like to be. Years from now.
- The real challenge with personal branding begins not when you are a nobody trying to become somebody. It begins really when you become somebody who everybody knows. That is for you and your business has become a name to reckon with. All those great personalities who have ruled the roost for long will tell you this. Getting to the top is not half as difficult as staying there.
June 25, 2016
June 25, 2016
June 24, 2016